- Lightning Network: The development of the core code on BCD’s Lightning Network is complete.
- BCD code development: Finalized testnet code and leveldb database has been updated to v1.20.
- Optimized Blockchain explorer API: Database & program architecture optimization is now complete.
Deploying Lightning Network
Bitcoin (BTC) has become too expensive for small-scale payments due to very high fees and low transfer speed. The goal of Bitcoin Diamond is to create an application ecosystem where economical, high-frequency real-time payments are implemented to resolve the issues associated with the bitcoin network. Recently, developers have made progress in ongoing talks with partners centered around adapting to high-frequency transactions. For this to happen, developers of Bitcoin Diamond are adopting the ‘Lightning Network’ where a massive, real-time transaction network will be implemented.
BCD minable on BTCC pool (btcc.com)
On the 11th of April, the Korea International Exchange KAiREX team and the Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) team met and together reached an agreement with both signing a strategic cooperation letter in accordance with the CEO of the KAiREX Exchange. This includes conducting multinomial cooperation in terms of launching the KAiREX Exchange, media promotion, and assistance with ground implementation in South Korea.
- On April 6th 2018 at 15.00 WIB (GMT +7), Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) became available to trade with Rupiah at indodax.com – Indonesia’s biggest exchange.
- $BCD has officially been listed on the Coinw exchange. Coinw (http://www.coinw.com) is a Chinese state-owned enterprise in Hong Kong with an open and global digital asset trading platform. The platform is mainly for worldwide users under CITICCASH Hong Kong Investment Limited.
- $BCD is now listed on OKcoinkr.com.
- BCD, QBTC exchange listed with USTD, CNYT pairs available.
- Indacoin.com has supported $BCD. Now BCD investors can buy with a credit or debit card.
- KEX.kr officially announced the support of $BCD with a campaign upon listing.
BCD has been reported by Reuters, Nasdaq and other well-known media. Korea Exchange KAiREX will list BCD and open the pair of BCD which takes BCD as the basic currency.
It has been reported several times by blockchain media such as Cointime, newsbtc, and cryptocoin news that BCD’s Lightning Network will be deployed in the near future.
Telegram: The community has increased over 2,000 users. The total headcount is currently over 18,000 users.
Twitter: The community has increased by more than 20,000 followers.
BCD has been working as an open architect in Singapore, Silicon Valley, South Korea, and China. BCD has also been the senior engineer for front and background terminal, automation operations, products, new media operations, and human resources. We welcome BCD fans who believe in the potential of blockchain to join us.
In the synchronous construction of an open source community, developers can directly initiate pull requests and the community Mod will have incentives.
Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) is a fork of Bitcoin that occurs at the predetermined height of block 495866 and therewith a new chain will be generated as BCD. Bitcoin Diamond miners will begin creating blocks with a new proof-of-work algorithm. They will also consecutively develop and improve the transaction speed based on original features of BTC. This will cause a bifurcation of the Bitcoin blockchain. The original Bitcoin blockchain will continue on unaltered, but a new branch of the blockchain will split off from the original chain. It shares the same transaction history with Bitcoin until it starts branching and coming into a unique block from which it diverges. As a result of this process, a new cryptocurrency was created which we call “Bitcoin Diamond”.BCD features：
Fast Transaction Confirmations
Bitcoin Diamond raised the block size limit to 8MB as part of a massive on-chain scaling approach. The result is ample capacity for everyone’s transactions. The speed of generating blocks will be increased five times and the ultimate goal is to improve transaction confirmation speed for the entire BTC blockchain. Another feature is adding the Lighting network for fast transactions. This does not require the trust of Payment Channels to realize a real-time, massive transaction network.
Reducing The Cost of Participation
Solving the situation of the over-priced original Bitcoin is done by increasing the total supply of Bitcoin Diamond and lowering the price, which in turn, will allow more people to participate in the Blockchain world.
Bitcoin Diamond has been launched at more than 40 global exchanges and reported by Reuters, Nasdaq, Yahoo Finance, Cointelegraph (sponsored), and other famous medias.